Announcement: Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development Expansion
It is with great enthusiasm that we announce the Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development’s (JMCD) expansion from 62 to 80 pages, effective January 2015. Throughout the years, there has been much expressed sentiment about the need to expand JMCD to provide more space to publish multicultural scholarship. Not only does expansion provide more space for our author’s, it also provides more support for the publication of multicultural scholarship overall. More voices will be heard as more pages are provided. The JMCD editorial team is appreciative of the support provided from the Association of Multicultural Counseling and Development (AMCD), our editorial board, Consulting Elders Council, authors, and our readership. These collective efforts have ushered in a new phase in JMCD’s history and keeps the journal on par with contemporary publications.
The Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development (JMCD) is a quarterly journal of the Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development (AMCD), a member association of the American Counseling Association. AMCD members receive the journal as a benefit of membership. JMCD is concerned with research, theory and program applications pertinent to multicultural interests in all areas of counseling and human development.
- Actively invite articles on multicultural counseling competencies, which are conceptual, empirical, graduate training related, and service learning–oriented.
- Guide JMCD towards practice–based multicultural process and outcome research, as well as case studies.
- Include writings that attend to racial, ethnic, and cultural concerns.
- Address the interface between an individual's personal identity and social identity/identities.
- To understand how a context of oppression influences contemporary human interaction
Information concerning application for membership in AMCD may be found at the Member Services Department. ACA membership can be obtained online or by calling 1.800.347.6647. We encourage you to join AMCD and receive the journal as a benefit of membership.
Send subscription requests to:
ACA Subscriptions Office
P.O. Box 2513
Birmingham, AL 35201-2513